[THIN] Re: Moving to Roaming Profiles....

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:52:44 -0400

we use group policy to direct my docs and stuff and it works great.  I =
tweaked the registry to redirect Temp internet files.

What I recommend doing is create a test user and log in to create a =
local profile.  Then use the profiles tab in system properties to copy =
it to your roaming profile directory.  When doing that, you have the =
option to change the permissions to give everyone access.

Set that user to use that profile and log in as that user and make all =
your changes, registry tweaks, application settings etc, etc.  Then log =
out and use that dat file for all your other users to start with.

We run mandatory profiles by group so whenever I need to make a settings =
change, I log in as my test user, make the change, then redistribute the =
dat file.

changing the profile path for all of your users is the biggest pain.

Greg