[THIN] Re: Move SQL Data Store

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:12:33 -0700

Actually, you don't have to use DSMAINT MIGRATE because you're going from
SQL to SQL. Migration is only necessary if you're changing database
platforms. Regarding the procedure, if the credentials to the database are
the same, I think the process that's outlined might actually work. However,
the official procedure is:

1. Backup the datastore database on the origianl server and restore it to
the new server
2. Create a new DSN file that points to the database on the new server.
3. Configure the servers to use the new DSN file with DSMAIN CONFIG
4. Restart the IMA
5. Check that the correct DSN file is in use at
HKLM\Software\Citrix\IMA\DataSourceName

JD