[THIN] Re: More Printing nightmares?

  • From: "Jason Patten" <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:02:40 -0400

Not sure if that applies as we do not have ANY of those drivers loaded on
the PS4 servers.  We use the Citrix UPD exclusively.
Maybe I need to load the drivers for those printers and set them up as
excluded via policy?

On 3/21/07, Raffensberger, Stephen D <sraffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 The CTX111947 references HP LaserJet Beta site which states:

Alert: Effective December 31, 2006, HP support for NT 4.0, Windows 98/ME
and Windows 2000/XP monolithic drivers will end!

* Support for HP's monolithic printer drivers will end;
* Development or enhancements of HP's monolithic drivers will end;
* Defect resolution for HP's monolithic drivers will end.

Effective June 30, 2007, all Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98/ME printer
drivers will be removed from hp.com:

* HP's licensing agreements with third party providers for use of their
components will expire;
* HP's Unidrive-based Premium drivers are the recommended drivers for all
HP printers from this date forward.

I have two comments:

1. That one really snuck up on me!

2. I don't know what ramifications it has in SBC.

Then, if you wander around, you find a bewildering array of things to
download that I don't understand. There are things like Scrubber Utilities
and Honda Release fixes.

I'm confused.

Steve Raffensberger
Sovereign Bank