[THIN] More Messenger Weirdness

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:06:32 -0500

I put regmon on the job of figuring out why everyone gets asked to remove their
messenger settings.

I found the keys that are being deleted and they are being successfully deleted
but here is where it gets strange.

If I load the dat file in regedt32, these keys are not present in the first
place. They are not present in the default user either.

Somewhere during login, it is writing these keys, then asking to remove them
again.

What a pain this has become.

Greg
This Week's Sponsor - Chip PC - The Next Step in Thin Client Technology.
Choose from a wide range of options offering industry-leading, innovative thin
client solutions
http://www.chippc.com/products/hardware/index.asp