[THIN] Re: Monitoring Citrix Traffic

  • From: Sean Nicholson <sean_a_nicholson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:52:39 +1000 (EST)

 Currently using Packeteer in a large deployment here in Aus where the links
are not as high as what would be wanted. We are classing all types of traffic
over the wire, from FTP - Wyse winterm 1200 config files, to TCP print traffic.
We class multiple ICA connections and traffic within those sessions, ie class
down HTTP within a ICA session. The only thing that Packeteer doesnt pick up on
at the moment is Program Neighborhood Agent sessions, but this is coming. Works
the best for our centralised deployment model
Cheers
Sean
  "Hopkins, Scott" <Scott.Hopkins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: We recently used
Packeteer for monitoring only and it was excellent. It
would only class citrix traffic when monitoring into one bucket of 'Citrix'
traffic. As far as I saw you could not monitor by individual published app.
I believe it is possible to shape by individual citrix published app but we
did not attempt this.

thanks scott

Sender: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to buy some monitoring software so I can measure Citrix network
performance but particularly how each application on the servers is using
bandwidth. I have heard about Packeteer but would like to hear from anyone
who has used this or any other software that may be helpful.

Susan Jenno
IT Support Technician
Work Directions Australia Ltd (Corporate Office)

Ph: (07) 3221 4000
Fax: (07) 3229 6072

The information, including attachments, contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be subject to legal professional privilege. It is
intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this e-mail by mistake
please promptly inform us by reply e-mail and then delete the e-mail and
destroy any printed copy. You must not disclose or use in any way the
information in the e-mail.

There is no warranty that this email is error or virus free. It may be a
private communication, and if so, does not represent the views of the Work
Directions Australia group or its management. If it is a private
communication, care should be taken in opening it to ensure that undue
offence is not given.

SOLD.com.au- Find yourself a bargain!