[THIN] Re: Microsoft buys SSL VPN Company.....

  • From: "Jim Kerr" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 16:59:59 -0400

Very interesting Doug.  I'll bet things will continue to get interesting.  We
will see.
    From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    With CAG 4.2 you can actually use the same Citrix license server you use
for Presentation Server if you want to. In this case, it is the standard
netbios name of the server, i.e. just the machine name (you can type hostname
at the command line to see this)

    Alternately, you can upload the license file into the CAG box itself. In
that case you use the value entered is in the filed called "FQDN" on the
network setup screen. When doing this the licenses, and the cert by the way,
are included in the backup file so be sure to save off the config, this could
save you a lot of work if you ever have a hardware failure or have to rebuild
the boxes.

    If you already have a Citrix licensing server I recommend using it when you
have more than one CAG.

    Also note that the when you fulfill your license file from www.mycitrix.com
you do have to provide the license server hostname. However, these licenses can
be returned and reallocated to a different hostname if needed.

    Regards,

    Steve Greenberg

    Thin Client Computing

    34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

    Scottsdale, AZ 85262

    (602) 432-8649

    www.thinclient.net

    steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:39:10 +0000

        Mind expanding upon the enterprise deployment components ?

        Are you doubling things up for failover ? Seperate AAC components ?

        Using Netscaler ?