[THIN] Re: MetaFrame Secure Access Manager Webcast

  • From: "TheThin" <TheThin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:46:24 -0500

I read somewhere (can't remember where, maybe I was dreaming since I
haven't seen it since) awhile back that Citrix was going to start
enabling the win32 client to enable inbound connections to workstations.
Since WinXP already supports terminal services, layering ICA onto a
workstation, and giving users a front end through NFUSE and CSG back to
their individual workstations could be a very slick way to enable mobile
workers.  With enough cellular bandwidth and one of those hokey tablet
PCs, you could do some neat stuff. =20

Mostly my power users with fat clients who complain do so about the
locked down desktop and loss of features over their workstation when
using Citrix.  Taking them straight to their desktop would solve a lot
of issues.  If your going to have fat desktops and not go completely
thin, I don't see a reason not to do this.

I hope Citrix does take the initiative to build on CSG.  There are lots
of possibilities!