[THIN] MSTerminalServices.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "MSTerminalServices.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:13:07 -0600

MSTerminalServices.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi THIN List,

New articles added to MSTerminalServices.org last month:

Title: Terminal Server Environment Basic Concepts
Author: Wilco van Bragt
difficult to administrate. This feeling is further enforced by stories where
users complain about low performance, strange behavior and so on. This article
will describe the basic concepts to keep in mind for Terminal Server
Environments. Adopting these concepts in your environment will result in an
easily manageable terminal server farm.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Terminal-Server-Environment-Basic-Concepts.html

Title: Bandwidth Management: Part 2 – Leveraging Citrix Policy to Optimize
Bandwidth Usage
Author: Andy Jones
server based computing engineers. This article is the second in a short series
about Bandwidth Management, in which we will focus on leveraging the advanced
features of Presentation Server 4.0 Policy to control bandwidth consumption.
Link: http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Bandwidth-Management-Part2.html

Title: Load Balance Terminal Services & Citrix Servers: 2X LoadBalancer
Software Review
Author: Michel Roth
LoadBalancer was performed with three Windows 2000 Server systems. One server
acted as the “gateway” and the two remaining servers acted as the Terminal
Servers.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Software-Review-2X-LoadBalancer-Citrix-Terminal-Services.html

Title: Designing and Implementing Effective Disaster Recovery Strategies with
Citrix Technology Part 1: The Plan
Author: Paul Stansel
planning our production environment, Disaster Recovery issues with complex
Citrix environments remain the weak point of many installations. This
three-part article will focus on effective disaster recovery strategies for
organizations of any size.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Designing-Implementing-Disaster-Recovery-Strategies-Citrix-Part1.html

Title: Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 Printing Changes
Author: Stefan Vermeulen
overhaul on functionality. The most drastic one - in my eyes - was the new
printing engine. In this article I will talk about it, now that it has been
around for quite a while.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Citrix-Presentation-Server4-Printing-Changes.html

Title: Securing the Windows Terminal Services
Author: Brien M. Posey
tends to be especially important in a Terminal Service environment. Think about
it for a moment; users are running applications directly on your server. If a
vulnerability exists in an application or in the server’s configuration exists,
then the vulnerability could potentially be exploited in an effort to gain
access to the underlying operating system. That being the case, it’s worth
spending some extra time making sure that you have done a good job securing the
Terminal Services. In this article, I will share some security techniques with
you.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Securing-Windows-Terminal-Services.html

Title: Can Third Party Software Solve your Terminal Server Printing Problems?
Author: Wilco van Bragt
printer related topics, where the drivers’ challenge is the main part of it. A
lot of third party manufacturers have developed products to beat these
challenges. Are these third party products useful in the printer challenge?
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Can-Third-Party-Software-Solve-Terminal-Server-Printing-Problems.html

section to unsubscribe.
MSTerminalServices.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © MSTerminalServices.org 2006. All rights reserved.