[THIN] MSTerminalServices.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "MSTerminalServices.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 06:57:23 -0500

MSTerminalServices.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi THIN List,

New articles added to MSTerminalServices.org last month:

Title: How to deploy applications to your Terminal Server
Author: Wilco van Bragt
href="http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Terminal-Server-Environment-Basic-Concepts.html";>Terminal
 Server Environment Basic Concepts</a> I already described the basic
concepts/rules necessary to have a stable and controllable Terminal Server
Infrastructure. Two of the described concepts in that article are chronology of
the installation order and the 100% “equality” of all the servers in the Farm.
To accomplish this you should use silent setups and a deploy mechanism to
install applications on your servers. In this article we are going to detail
how to install and deploy those applications with the above mentioned concepts
in mind.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Deploy-Applications-Terminal-Server.html

Title: Bandwidth Management: Part 3 – Guaranteeing and Protecting ICA/RDP on
LAN/WAN
Author: Andy Jones
server based computing engineers. This article is the third and final in a
short series about Bandwidth Management. In this article we will look at
third-party solutions for protecting and guaranteeing the bandwidth required
for session performance as it applies to LAN and WAN traffic.
Link: http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Bandwidth-Management-Part3.html

Title: Creating a Terminal Service Pilot Deployment Program
Author: Brien M. Posey
that if properly deployed, the Terminal Services can greatly ease a network’s
administrative burden, and can be a huge cost saver for a company. In spite of
its many benefits, switching all of the users in the company from a
client/server deployment to a thin client deployment is a big undertaking. In
this article, I will discuss how to go about performing a pilot deployment for
your new thin client environment.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Terminal-Service-Pilot-Deployment-Program.html

Title: Securing Your Terminal/Citrix Servers with The Security Configuration
Wizard
Author: Michel Roth
access to their servers. Interactive access to a server also happens to be the
Valhalla in hackerland. Seems like you’re stuck between a rock and a hard
place, right? There’s only one thing to do: secure those servers! One of the
tools you should use to secure your servers is the Security Configuration
Wizard.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Securing-Terminal-Citrix-Servers-Security-Configuration-Wizard.html

Title: Understanding Terminal Server/Citrix Licensing Models
Author: Stefan Vermeulen
Server and Citrix. Interpreting the exact results of certain choices may not
always be fully clear beforehand. This article will help you understand and
give you some tips along the way.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Terminal-Serve-Citrix-Licensing-Models.html

Title: MUI in a Terminal Services World
Author: Cláudio Rodrigues
the main reasons why it is a must on corporate environments dealing with
multiple language requirements.
Link: http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/MUI-Terminal-Services.html

Title: Designing and Implementing Effective Disaster Recovery Strategies with
Citrix Technology Part 2: The Strategy
Author: Paul Stansel
planning our production environment, Disaster Recovery issues with complex
Citrix environments remain the weak point of many installations. This
three-part article will focus on effective disaster recovery strategies for
organizations of any size.
Link:
http://www.MSTerminalServices.org/articles/Designing-Implementing-Disaster-Recovery-Strategies-Citrix-Part2.html

section to unsubscribe.
MSTerminalServices.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © MSTerminalServices.org 2006. All rights reserved.