[THIN] MSDSS or Novell's Account Management

  • From: ecrabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:19:11 -0400

Anyone out ther using either of these products to synchronize
users/passwords?  We are a Novell 5.1 network with a good size NT Domain.
Our NT Domain consists of around 35+ NT application servers.  The number of
users is not necessarily large in the NT Domain.  Presently we have a mixed
environment of NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 servers.  Managing accounts and
passwords separately is becoming a hassel.

We have concluded that we are going to have to go to AD.  What we are
unsure of is what is better:

1.  Use NDS for authentication and manage the NT accounts
authentication/passwords with Novell's Account Management

2.  Use AD for authentication and synchronize with the Novell NDS with
MSDSS.

This communication may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete this message from your
computer.  Thank you.