[THIN] Re: MS Access error on Win 2008 R2 RDS Server

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:12:35 -0400

Check permissions as I tan into something similiar with office 2007

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2010, at 10:01, Rob Moore <RMoore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’ve installed MS Access (2003) on a Windows 2008 R2-based RDS serve r. I used Office 2003 because that’s what the custom database that’s needed on that server was created in, and we wanted to keep i t consistent. When I open Access with my account, everything is fine . When I open it with a newly-created test account, everything is al so fine. However, when one of my IT colleagues logs onto the RDS ser ver and tries to open Access, she gets the following error: “This fe ature is not available. For more information, contact your system ad ministrator.” When you click OK, Access quits.

The only relevant article I found suggested this is caused by installing a trial version of Office. But this is not a trial version. And I did install it according to the MS rules for installing apps on an RDS server.

Any thoughts? Should I just uninstall Access and reinstall it?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Moore
Network Manager