[THIN] Re: MPS 3.0

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:09:53 -0700

True, I agree with one exception.

MPS 4 is around the corner (spring-summer).  It will include support for EMF
printing (among other things).  ThinPrint is great, but at $1,400 a server
it is extremely expensive for a product that does only 1 thing.  Granted it
does that one thing well.  But, it does not have a centralized console,
installations are done manually on each individual servers, licensing and
activation is horrible (however, they will give you a special build of you
have 50+ servers).

Joe