[THIN] Re: MAPI Profile creator

  • From: "Katz, Benjamin" <Ben.Katz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:44:28 -0500

Malcolm,

Like below, we also had a similar situation.  We have an application
that requires MAPI connections, and while Outlook 2000 is installed on
the servers, no one uses it. Additionally, we delete profiles nightly
(no roaming), so creating an outlook profile is temporary at best.=20

I found a commandline utility called createprf at
http://www.mailsoftware.co.uk/downloads.html, and created a batch script
that first executes the utility with the user's login, then launches the
application. No idea if it works with 2002/2003, but it's free, and easy
to use on-the-fly.

Ben