[THIN] Re: M$ Apps Licensing - latest consensus?

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:59:43 +1000

Hi Steve,

There is only one scenario where you don't need an M$ license for every
device that can connect to a terminal server.

Appsense application manager and Quest/Provision Networks Block-IT let you
restrict applications to nominated end devices. So you can nominate 5 client
machines and only they can run Office professional (MS Access) or Project or
whatever. I think RES Powerfuse might have a simialr capability but I'm not
sure.

Block-it is about the least expensive of the options. And if you get the VAS
Power Tools bundle you get things like a true UPD printing solution, user
profile management and user environment management thrown in for good
measure :-)

regards,

Rick

--