[THIN] Re: Logoff of ICA Session

  • From: Euan Cooper <Euan.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:06:47 +1200

Jim,

What are you actually trying to do?

Are you wanting to run a script  on your server to log off active users - in
which case the following in a script will do the trick.

FOR /F "eol= tokens=1,3,4 delims= " %%i IN ('quser') DO IF "%%k"=="active"
LOGOFF %%j

Or are you pushing a script out to your workstations which will then execute
on the workstation and you want to "gracefully" log off any session the user
on the workstation may have open at the time the script runs?

If it is the second option - then perhaps (after suitable warnings !!!) you
should just kill wfica32.exe which will effectively disconnect the
workstation from any sessions they have open on your servers.  You could
then configure your servers to automatically log off any disconnected
sessions after a suitable time period - or run a script with

FOR /F "eol= tokens=1,3,4 delims= " %%i IN ('quser') DO IF "%%k"=="disc"
LOGOFF %%j

at regular intervals on your server(s)

Or perhaps you could set your script to run at either logon or logoff on the
workstation when the user should not have anything else running.   If you
are running seamless applications you might have problems getting users to
comprehend what the dialog warnings actually mean.   If you only had one app
called xyz then a message that said "Please exit xyz now or you WILL loose
your work" should do the trick, but a message to "Please exit all Citrix
applications" may result in some users logging off from the workstation all
together or even simply switching off the workstation altogether ....

-Ec