[THIN] Local vs. Network printers

  • From: "Medeiros, Jim" <Jim.Medeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:58:40 -0400

Being an Insurance company, we have a policy that does not allow printing to
local printers as the information may be confidential.  We have been able to
implement this with a policy in our CMC.  We only block this when users are
coming through the CAG, no need to block this behavior when people are
connected to the network.

Our intent was never to block users from printing to network printers.  We have
just learned that in fact, we are.  Apparently, the policy that we created is
blocking all printing - local and network.

Question:  Is there a way to block the creation and/or mapping of local
printers (someone's printer at home or remote office) but allow users to print
to network printers (printers on our network and published in AD) and/or add
them to their Citrix profile as needed?

Current policy details:
*       Client Devices -> Resources -> Ports -> turn off LPT ports -- Enabled
*       Printing -> Client Printers -> Auto Creation -- Enabled and set to Do
not auto-create client printers
*       Printing -> Client Printers -> Turn off client printer mapping --
Enabled

I appreciate any help that you have to offer.

Thank you,

Jim Medeiros
Citrix Administrator
GMAC Insurance

Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.