[THIN] Re: Local Printers and Local Drives

  • From: Jim Hathaway <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:04:38 -0700

Not sure I follow you . . in my experiance local drives can already be
connected via the Winxp RDP client. Of course you must be allowing the
option via user management settings on your domain to do it automatically,
but you can also map the drives via login script . .

net use c: \\tsclient\c . . etc.

From the help files on the Winxp RDP client . . .

To make local disk drives available in a session

In the Remote Desktop Connection window, click Options.

On the Local Resources tab, Under Local devices, click Disk drives.
Click Connect.
Note

To start Remote Desktop Connection, click Start, point to Programs, point to
Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop
Connection.
Depending on the policies of your network, local drive mapping might be
disabled for some or all remote connections.
When you click Connect, the information you enter in Options becomes the
default setting for all Remote Desktop connections and is saved in a file
called Default.rdp. To create connections with different or
connection-specific options, see Save your connection settings to a file.