[THIN] Re: Load Balancing...

  • From: Davey <DB1001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 20 May 2003 10:20:19 +0100

You'd only need to use W2K AS if the servers you spec'ed were big
beasts..ie. more than 4 cpu and 4 gig RAM.. in which case I'd say buy
some more small boxes and dump the big servers. AS only really gives you
NLB (network load balancing) "clustering".. which is better implemented
in Citrix Metaframe XPa - i.e. CPU,Memory,user load etc. for your load
balancing rules. AS really only uses network traffic as the load
evaluator.

And before we get into the big debate.. I know it's not clustering.. but
it's close enough to get the idea across.. I hope.