[THIN] Linux and Vmware how to ?

  • From: Puneet Goel <g.puneet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:46:26 +0530

Hi,

I want to make my Linux machines as vmware compatible. I have been
told that there is no vmware support on Linux but after reading some
threads and some websites I came to know that it is supported. My
concern is that ,there are some companies offering Linux machines with
vmware certification. IGEL and HP are being the primary one.

http://www.igel.com/igel/live.php,navigation_id,3276,content_id,9179,_psmand,9.html

how are they doing it ? infact they do have vmware certification. are
they using connection brokers or something else ?

also I came to know that there is a firefox plugin available. Where i
can get that ?

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=vdm&productId=2&keyBasic=IGEL&maxDisplayRows=50&key=wyse&release%5B%5D=-1&datePosted=-1

the above link suggests that IGEL and HP has Linux thin clients
(debian or other flavor) which are compatible with VDM 2.1

Can you tell me what all I need to do to make my Linux as fully
supported for vmware.

I am using firefox 3 on my system. Considering I am new to vmware
solutions, any suggestions or hints are welcome.

Looking forward to hear from you asap.

Thanks and Regards,

Puneet
Follow ThinList on Twitter