[THIN] Linux Client: 'rdesktop' performs better than Citrix 8.x client?

  • From: Durf <stygmata@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:13:41 -0500

Hi folks;

From my Linux (Debian 2.6 kernel) laptop at home, I have a ton of
connectivity problems using the 8.0.85930 Unix client.

The remote Citrix server is an 2003 XPe server, FR3, with ICA
Keep-Alives enabled during setup via registry patch (from the
Methodology in a Box kit).

ICA works great from Windows clients.  The native 'rdesktop' client
also works great and never drops a connection.

The Citrix client will periodically drop connection after ~5 minutes
of inactivity (not a server-side setting).  Although the client is set
to auto-reconnect, I notice that periodically it will fail with the
"Network or dial-up problem are preventing..." message.  It then gives
up trying to reconnect until I manually connect it again.

The Linux client is using a wireless connection if it makes a different.

Any clues?  I'm thinking it is a time-out value on the client side
that differs from the default on the Windows client counterpart but
nothing springs to mind, and I'm just not familiar enough with the
Linux client.
--
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute.