[THIN] Link Pick: Deploying Adobe 9 for Windows

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:55:29 -0400

In a previous blog
posting<http://kenzig.blogspot.com/2008/08/watch-out-with-adobe-acrobat-reader-9.html>I
complained about Adobe Acrobat 9 not working in IE with Windows Vista
with
Mandatory profiles.  Well I have since figured out after lots of aggravation
that your only choice so far is to uncheck and change the setting in Adobe
Acrobat Internet preferences  to turn off opening the PDF in the browser. .

In researching this issue I came across an AWESOME step by step for
installing Adobe written bay Aaron Parker, that includes an MST of the
recommended settings. All I can say is Aaron, you da man!

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/deployment/deploying-adobe-reader-9-for-windows

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com