[THIN] Re: Limit to single session

  • From: "Layman, Eric" <Eric.Layman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:39:27 -0400

Yep -

Registry tweak per-app:
--------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI\StartInJobObject]
"c:\\winnt\\system32\\cscript.exe c:\\temp\\LaunchTest.wsf"=dword:00000000
--------------------

Also see:
Application Limits are not Enforced When Publishing Applications With a Batch
File

http://support.citrix.com/article/ctx116446

You can set this with wildcards... so any script called with wscript or cmd.exe
will play nice.

From: Jeff Pitsch jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:16:22 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

is this Win2k8 or is this a citrix box?  i ask because you mention the RDP
listener but then talk about published applications.

What exactly isn't working?  Please go into more detail.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:08 PM, msemon@xxxxxxx <msemon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am puzzled over this one. I am trying to limit my users to a single
> Terminal server session or application session. I have enabled restrict
> Terminal Server Users to a Single Session under group policy and on the
RDP
> listener. Also, on published application I have enabled under the
> properties of the published application under limits to allow only one
> instance of application per user. Neither is working. Is this a problem
> with session sharing or is there a fix for this?
>
> Mike

> //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> Follow ThinList on Twitter
> http://twitter.com/thinlist
> Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
> Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> http://thinlist.net/mobile

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
Thinlist MOBILE Feed
http://thinlist.net/mobile

***National City made the following annotations
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist