[THIN] License server can't discover itself

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:04:06 -0500

I have a Windows 2k3 Standard Edition server also acting as a Terminal
Services Licensing Server. (I believe it was set up as an Enterprise
server). It is activated. My terminal servers consists of 2 servers
running Windows 2000 and 1 test server running 2k3.

When I launch the Terminal Services Licensing management app directly on
the server, I get an error message "No Terminal Service licensing server
is available in the current workgroup or domain." However, if I go to
Action, Connect, I can connect directly to it.

I am having some odd problems with Citrix Program Neighborhood (I cannot
connect to a  published app, but I can connect via a Custom ICA
connection directly to the desktop). I am not positive it's a licensing
issue, but it feels like one. Since my license server is having this
wired issue, I'd like to try to resolve it to make sure it's not causing
a more serious issue down the line.

So, what causes the error message I'm getting, and how do I fix it?
(Based on information on the MS KB, I did set the DefaultLicenseServer
on the license server, and File and Print sharing IS enabled. However,
those articles did specifically mention Windows 2000 and I am on a
Windows 2003 server...)

---
The T drive is not backed up
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software