[THIN] License question on Metaframe XP

Hi,
My real first citrix introduction was to Presentation 4.0.  I have no problem
understanding the way user licenses are being handled in 4.0
In our existing production citrix environment we still use Metaframe XP.
As I learned in Presentation 4.0 the user license version release should
excactly match the release of the citrix servers. For instance, if I run the
Enterpise Presentation 4.0 I should have enterpise user licenses.
I am wondering if it was the same way in Metaframe XP.  The reason I am asking
is that I know we are running the Enterpise Metaframe XP and I see XPA advanced
licenses loaded there.  Are they being used?  How does it work in XP?
I can't really figure out by number as we have 102 licenses loaded there and
only 50 are being used.
Thanks in advance.