[THIN] Re: Less stupid

It sounds like the policy setting that you don't want to apply to this demo
user is coming from a GPO applied to the server's OU.  This policy has loopback
processing set right?  If this is correct, why not just go to the GPO security,
add the demo user, then deny apply?  This GPO policy (and all it's settings
will no longer apply to the demo user.  If you want just some of the settings
to apply to this one user, create another GPO with loopback and whatever other
settings you want, and give ONLY the demo user permissions to apply it.  Let me
know if I'm way off on your intentions here.

Regards,
Paul DeHaan

>>> nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/02/04 05:38AM >>>
OK, same issue as the dumb one, but this is a problem of understanding
rather than 'blindness'.

I've never really got how GPOs 'merge'.

I have a GPO, applied now to all servers, which states "Only on session
per user". I want to disable that GPO for one user, 'demo' (Who, for
convenicence, is also in his own OU, and his own security group).

What I've tried;

1) Put permissions on the Allow_single_session_only GPO for the 'demo'
security group. I can see this group, I can set permissions, I click
'OK' and the group doesn't show up in the permissions list.

2) Create a GPO applied to the 'demo' OU, which specifically disable the
singel session value. No effect.

I know I'm being stupid, and have a feeling it's something  to do with
loopback, or permissions, but can't get to it.

Any help much appreciated, as we're mean to go public with this demo
soemtime today!

Nick
custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com

http://www.go-eol.com