[THIN] Kixtart and Windows 2003

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:30:59 -0600

Anybody running into an issue with running kix32.exe as part of a
published application?

We have an application that intermittently refuses to launch. It's
similar to Tom Howarth's questions back in August. I also found this on
the Kixtart bulletin boards:
http://www.kixtart.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=126437&page=&;
view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1.

This published application is in fact a Kix script that does some setup,
then launches a regular application. This worked fine for years on my
Windows 2000 Terminal Servers, but we recently moved to Windows 2003
servers and this is beginning to crop up. If I remove the Kix script and
launch the app directly, then there is no problem. It also fails in the
same way if I specify it as an initial program for an RDP session (like
mentioned in the Kixtart BB thread I cite above).

So, anybody seeing anything like this?

---
Work together. Remember, there's no "I" in "Interdependence"...
The T drive is not backed up.
http://www.seamlessplanet.com