[THIN] Re: JRE Version?

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:06:53 -0700

It shouldn't.  I went through a ton of pain for solve this exact question.
What we found is that only one of the JREs can dominate the registry.  Look
in the registry classes and you will see a lot of associations for jre.
What we had to do was put JRE1.3 in the path statement.  It worked for the
app that we needed, may not work for yours.
adam

                      "Jacob Walker"

                      <ctxrulez@hotmail        To:       thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      .com>                    cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] JRE Version?

                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      11/05/2003 05:35

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Our Citrix servers are running MetaFrame XPe FR3, and that installs JRE
1.4.
  Now, we have a requirement to load an application that requires JRE 1.3.

Will installing 1.3 cause any problems?

Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147