[THIN] Re: Invalid Drive F

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:58:39 +1000

Hi Christine,

The local admin account has picked up a default profile that incudes folder
redirection to F: drive. Since F: drive doesn't exist, msiexec is giving up.

The fix is easy. MISEXEC is checking the local admin's personal folder
location by looking at
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders.
Run regedit, go to the key and replace all the *F:*\ references in the
values under that key with *%userprofile%*. Now restart explorer.exe with
the command (run from a command prompt) "tskill explorer".

If you try the install after that it should work fine.

regards,

Rick

--
Ulrich Mack
Commander Australia

I'm trying to install MS Project 2003 on a citrix presentation 4.0 server
and I keep getting the following message:

Product: Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 -- Error 1327. Invalid
Drive F:\

Has anyone else had any issues like this?

Christine Allen
Systems Engineer
Electric Insurance Company
75 Sam Fonzo Drive