[THIN] Re: %Interrupt Time

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:40:33 +0200

3,4 % shouldn't make a server say that. Take a good look at your Load
Evaluators. Try Qfarm when the problem occurs.

On 8/3/06, Waller, Tom <twaller@xxxxxxx> wrote:

PS4 Servers on 2K3, Web Interface 4.2 and no Secure Gateway. Users are getting "Error - An error has occurred while connecting the requested resource".

When this is happening, the WI server gets Event messages:  The MetaFrame
servers reported that they are too busy to launch the selected item.  This
was reported from the XML Service at address "http://TRITON:80";.   [Log
ID: 79526534]

The only thing I can see that looks outside of the norm when this happens
is %Interrupt Time in Resource Manager.  Is .3% and .4% a realistic number?
I found an email thread from Freelist from back in 2005 where they changed
this to 30% and 40%.  Other than that, I can't find anything that states a
"default acceptable number" for this?

Thanks,

*Tom Waller*

*MTM Technologies, Inc.*

System Consultant:  MCSE, CCEA, CCI, CCIA

135 Main Street, Suite 1040

San Francisco, CA  94105

Learn More at MTM.com <http://www.mtm.com/>

The information contained in this electronic transmission, including any
and all attachments, is intended solely for use by the individual(s) and/or
entity(ies) to whom it is addressed and may contain attorney-privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the named addressee, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
transmission, or any and all attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by return
electronic transmission and destroy any and all paper copies.