[THIN] Re: Instant Messenger

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:19:00 -0400

I agree that there are legitimate uses for IM. We've used it extensively in
the last two places I've worked.
The best thing to do is to choose an IM that lets you bring the server in
house. That way, your company
traffic isn't being transmitted over the Internet in clear text. It also
allows you to monitor how much it is
being (ab)used more easily. There is one called "jabber" that allows
connection to the major IM services
via the internal server instead of from each client.

HTH

Raff