[THIN] Re: Installing Office 2007 with IM

  • From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:27:10 -0400

Something like this???

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=80&t=72392

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/desktopdeployment/bdd/2007/OfficeDep_4.
mspx

Malcolm

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of rod.means@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 03 April 2007 17:29
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Installing Office 2007 with IM

I assumed that it was the same as 2003 but I am not sure which msi file
I should use for my package. Reading up on the install it seems that
they replaced the PRO11.msi file (this is a file that we use to create a
package for 2003) with a setup.exe file. This file controls which msi
files are ran according to the customization file that you can create.
Office now has a built in utility to customize the install and create an
.MSP file which needs to be place in a specific directory when the
setup.exe file is ran.

Rod Means
Web Services Administrator
Thomson Professional Software & Services