[THIN] Installing AAC on 2003 Web Edition

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:01:48 -0500

I want to test the Exchange email through the AAC option however I get a
error that Exchange System Manager is not installed. When I try to
install Exchange System Manager on Windows 2003 Web Edition it bombs
because it is web edition saying you can't install Exchange (but I don't
want to install Exchange just System Manager).

The advanced access control guide says:

 "If you are running Advanced Access Control on the Web Edition of
Microsoft

Windows Server 2003 and you have Microsoft Exchange 2003 in your

environment, you cannot install the Microsoft Exchange System Management

Tools or Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Administrator. Instead, you must copy
the

MAPI components to the Advanced Access Control server and register them

manually.

For more information about configuring Web email, see "Providing Users
with

Secure Web-Based Email" on page 170."

However when I view P170 there is no information on how to get Exchange
system manager installed on Windows Web Edition. Does anyone know how to
copy the MAPI components to Windows 2003 Web Edition?

Senior Network Administrator