[THIN] Installation manager Exit Codes

  • From: "Jim Cannon" <Mach1-70@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:09:06 -0600

Okay here is a question I thought was relatively simple that I have had a
support case with Citrix open for a week..Here is what I am trying to figure
out...

I have created a wfs file in installation manager to install an
application.All the wfs does is simply execute an installation script from a
network share..The installation script installs the application and does
some checking at the end to ensure the app installed successfully.If the
script determines that the install was not successful it returns an error
code from the script of 1.If successful it returns 0...I am looking for
Installation Manager to read the exit code and report success or failure.So
far I have only gotten success as the wfs finds the script and it runs.It
does not appear to care how the script exits...

If I place the same script in SMS it returns the correct result of failure
if the script returned errorlevel 1 or success if 0 is returned...Does
anyone know if IM works this way or it will not read exit codes?