[THIN] Installation issue

  • From: "Nick Crisp" <ncrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:56:54 +1100

Hi all

I am trying to join a second server to our farm of one. The current
server in the farm utilizes a MS SQL database on a large DB server for
the farm info rather than a local Access DB

It has been working successfully without problem for around 6 months

However when attempting to join the new server during installation,
immediately after I test the data source correctly and write (or
replace) the dsn file, a message popup states that it cannot get (or
retrieve) the farm name, to which I hit OK and the installation
terminates prematurely.

I can install with out a problem if I create a new farm but this is not
really much use to me,

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated

Perhaps It might be easier to install metaframe with the access and then
migrate it into the original farm later.. I don't know

Is it because I am running SP4 perhaps??

New machine = Win2k SP4 with MF XPa FR3

Original = Win2k SP3 with XPa FR3

Thanks Nick