[THIN] Re: Installation Manager and MS hotfix

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:54:19 -0600

Don't record the install. Instead, put the hotfix .exe in a folder in the
Packages share. Write a script (.cmd) and put
it in the same folder. The script would be something like:

"%~dp0WindowsServer2003-KB898060-v2-x86-enu.exe" /passive /norestart

Then use the Citrix Packager and add an unattended install instead of a
recording. Configure it to run the script from
the file share and add the .cmd file created earlier. The .wfs file created by
the Packager will simply tell the Citrix
servers to run the .cmd file that installs the hotfix.

  _____