[THIN] Re: Install Order

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <jeremy.saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:55:08 +0800

Several years. Started with Winframe in about '97. I have been involved in
conversations with peers over the years that go along the same lines as
what you are doing, but I've always resisted, and not allowed the teams
I've been involved with to go down that path.

Obviously in Australia we don't get the farm size of the rest of the world,
but we still aim to have a fully automated server build from bare metal all
the way through to production, with little if any manual steps in the
process.

I don't pretend to be an expert, otherwise I wouldn't bother to use this
list. I recently completed the CCIA courses and all the exams that go with
it. I learnt heaps. But what it did teach me is that the methodology we use
to deploy and implement servers is second to none. Sure we have a problem
with an app every now and then, but when you understand what to look for
and how the technology works you will always work it out.

The problem now days is that people don't have enough confidence in their
own abilities, the abilities of their team, or the software itself. Times
change and people need to move out of their comfort zone and try something
different.

I better stop now. :)

Cheers,
Jeremy.

             "Steve Greenberg"
             <steveg@thinclien
             t.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: Install Order
             22/12/2004 10:56
             AM

             Please respond to
                   thin

How much actual field experience do you have?

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262