[THIN] Re: IPAQ 3835

  • From: Gene Herman <gene_herman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:30:19 -0800 (PST)

DUH - stupid me,

I guess I should have ordered the aircard.  I think I have another issue though.

The card I ordered was the HNW-100 . When I go to the HNW settings icon, I get
a message PRISMCFG - Unable to connect to the wireless Net Card - is it
inserted?

Of course it is -

I then go to settings Expansion pack Info - it sees the external battery but
when I click on diagnostic - nothing happens.

I thought I loaded some expansion pack drivers - but nothing seems to register.

Tried starting up my wireless router and see if I could link to it - no link
lite.

Worst disaster was when I tried to install the latest BIOS - They want you to
press the power button + 2 other buttons and do a soft reset at the same time -
needless to say - you need two hands and a few friends. Managed to wipe out
everything and had to reload - never did get bios 1.20 on the thing and I
wonder if that was the cause of the problem - OH WELL - tomorrow is another day.

Does the Aircard - function like the Palm VII and let you pick up "satellite"
downloads ???

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now