[THIN] Re: I/O Errors

  • From: "Lucas Boyken" <lboyken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:02:05 -0500

Things to check:

Citrix, in my limited expirience with it, seems to be extremely finiky
with connections.  If you have a faulty connection, Citrix will get all
sorts of peaved. =20
I would check:
1.) Station's NIC
2.) Cabling (patch cables, structural, etc.)
3.) Port on Hub/switch/router
4.) Analyze what is occuring on the packet and hardware level when this
problem occurs.

Possible cause:
1.) "Chatty NIC"
2.) Wiring gone bad
3.) Port on Hub/Switch/Router going bad

Or, this might not be the case.  If not, the client might have some kind
of conflicts with its internal settings.  Check the client config file,
set keyboard and mouse from 0 to 300 as this helps with connections.
Also talk with Magnus and John K.  They always have good ideas and have
helped me out in the past.  Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Lucas W. Boyken
Computer Systems Associates
Account Manager / Technical Representative
lboyken@xxxxxxxxx
Company Phone:  800.222.7601
Office Phone:  515.332.2751