[THIN] Re: IMA service won't start

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:29:05 -0500

If using Oracle as a back-end, I see this every time I install an additional
Oracle application.  The oracle installer pre-pends the path statement with the
path to the newly installed home.  I have to edit the path statement so that
the Oracle Client (mine is 8.1.6) path comes before any other Oracle paths.
This happens because Oracle has similarly named DLL's for the different
applications, so the first DLL that it hits by searching the path statement
that has the correct name is executed.

Regards,

>>> jknightly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/10/03 01:31PM >>>

I've tried running IMA with local admin, domain admin, checked registry
rights, repaired the localhost cache, checked the ODBC--nothing will
allow the service to start. Other servers in the farm are working fine

MF XPa win2k sp3

Event Viewer...

The Independent Management Architecture service terminated with
service-specific error 2147483649.

Failed to load initial plugins with error IMA_RESULT_FAILURE

Failed to load plugin ImaRuntimeSS.dll with error IMA_RESULT_FAILURE

Failed to load plugin ImaPsSs.dll with error IMA_RESULT_FAILURE

Failed to connect to the database with error. Error -
IMA_RESULT_FILE_NOT_FOUND The ACCESS .mdb file is missing

any ideas..this is a new server, so reinstalling metaframe is fine by me
unless there is a quicker fix?

Thank You,
John Knightly
Manager, Data Center Solutions