[THIN] IE Zone settings not applying

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:32:38 +1100

I have a strange issue where my Published IE sessions are not getting any IE
Zone information (ie Local Intranet settings) via GPO.  I have set the GPO

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > internet
Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Site To Zone Assignment List

Ive also done the above using Machine Based Policy without any luck.  I have
also tried using "User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet Explorer
Maintenance > Security > Security Zones and Content" but had no luck either.

If I run a RSOP, it shows the IE Zone settings supposedly applying but I cannot
see the settings in IE if I manually check as a user within the Published IE
Session.  If I login to the server console I can see the IE settings being
applied.  They simply dont appear when logging on to the Published IE
Application as a user.

Any ideas on how I can set IE Zone information either via Machine or User based
policy?  Servers are Windows 2003.

View photos of singles in your area. Click Here