[THIN] Re: IE Application work in Published Desktop but not as a Published App

  • From: <christopher.walter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:07:01 -0500

Try this first

Copy these lines below in to notepad and save to a .vbs file.  You can play
with the settings once you get it working.

Set objExplorer = WScript.CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
objExplorer.Navigate "http://serverexample.com/IT";
objExplorer.ToolBar = 0
objExplorer.StatusBar = 0
objExplorer.Width=1000
objExplorer.Height = 700
objExplorer.Left = 0
objExplorer.Top = 0
objExplorer.Visible = 1

Create a batch file to run cscript nameofyourscript.vbs

Then point your published application to your batch file.

Chris

________________________________
From: pascal.bijnaar@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pascal.bijnaar@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:59:57 -0500
Published App

Maybe this can help

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX109217

also ran across this. See if you are having the exact issue

http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1359228

-PB

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:18:42 -0600
Subject: [THIN] Re: IE Applications work in Published Desktop but not as a
Published App
From: cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:cstalhood@xxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Does the app work in a window? (set your client [or WI] to a fixed window size
instead of seamless)

Does the app work as a published app when connecting using RDP? (launch the RDP
client, go to the Programs tab and enter the path to the app. This will run the
app in a window)

My suspicion is mmhook.dll or SpeedScreen Browser Acceleration. What version of
XenApp? What rollup hotfix?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:33 AM,
<christopher.walter@xxxxxxx<mailto:christopher.walter@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

One thing you can try is launching the application in install mode from the
from your published desktop with an admin account and then try the published
application.  Instead of Filemon, try Process Monitor.  It will give you any
registry as well as any file problems you have as well.

One other thing I just remembered, when you run it through a published desktop
see if you have a Sun directory under your application data folder.  Try
copying it to your application data folder when you run it through a published
application to see if it works then.

Chris

________________________________

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:23:07 +1100
From: Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Angela,

What are you actually publishing? It sounds like the process is not starting up
quick enough, so the session just logs off. This is as designed. There is a
registry key to manage this called IntervalsForLogoffCheck. Just google it for
a full explanation.

Cheers,
Jeremy.