[THIN] Re: ICA Connection never ends

  • From: "Timothy R. Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:31:00 -0400

You can also go to a server where a hung session exists and use the task
manager.  Look at all processes in that session.  If any user spawned
process does not terminate, the session will remain open.  Identifying the
hung application will allow you to look for the cause of that, which when
solved will fix the hung sessions.

From: Taylor, George GTaylor@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:10:03 -0600
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] ICA Connection never ends

I'm seeing a problem in our Citrix environment that I truthfully don't
even know where to start troubleshooting.  We have PS 4.0 running on top
of Windows 2000-SP4.  We use the Program Neighborhood Agent with
published applications.  When a user exits an application their ICA
connection to the server never ends.  This leaves a connection to the
server that no longer has an application running, so the next time they
try to launch an application they simply get a blank screen or in some
cases a quick flash on the screen and nothing else.  Does anyone have
any ideas on where to look to resolve this?

Thanks,

George

***Note: The information contained in this message, including any
attachments, may be privileged, confidential, and protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
you have received this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic
or paper copies of the communication, including any attachments.