From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Simpson Oliver
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 10:50 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: ICA Browser Service does not start correctly on Boot
(MF 1 .8 W2K)

Thanks Jim,

I'll give that a go.

As for the Computer Browser service being disabled, I've only just started
looking into windows 2000, but with NT4 I always used to disable the
Computer Browser Service (rather than removing the Computer Browser Network
Service through the Network applet) on workstations.

As far as I knew, this meant that workstations could browse the network (in
NetBIOS terms) but could not maintain NetBIOS browser lists (and therefore,
could not become Master Browser). The reason why I did this is because the
"do not participate in browser elections" registry key when set to 1 used to
cause a service failure.

What kind of grief can I expect from disabling the computer browser service?
All I would expect is that my terminal server would simply not itself hold a
list of Netbios resources available across the Network (shares etc.), Or are
my thoughts misguided on this issue?

Many thanks for your support,

Oliver Simpson.