[THIN] Re: Hyperthreading

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

See
http://www.2cpu.com/articles/42_1.html
http://thethin.net/faqs2.cfm?id=444&category=1&sortby=score
Leave it off for Win2K!
http://thethin.net/faqs2.cfm?id=443&category=1&sortby=score

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net

Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anybody experimented with Hyperthreading On -vs- Off on Win2k
servers? I've heard rumblings that it can be problematic, and perhaps
decrease performance. I noticed that most SpecInt. winners have it
disabled. I'm considering disabling it on one of my farm servers to
observe the results. If anybody else has experimented I'd love to
hear about it.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
Would you like to learn? -- Free for a limited time!
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320