[THIN] Re: HyperThreading

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:14:45 -0600

I have been using it some... BUT only for some testing. Didn't see a
HUGE improvement from it on 2k, But haven't tried it yet on my 2003
boxes.

On the other hand I wont put it in production on 2k simply because I
have a LARGE customer with several MS reps on site, and they were
running around disabling the hyper threading on all the 2k
servers.......

The funny thing is several models of HP and Dell are coming out of the
box with it enabled. So if you open up task mgr on a Dual and see 4
procs you know what happened.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20