[THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:58:13 -0800 (PST)

Yes they are floppies.... lol.
JK

Steve Greenberg <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Winview came on floppies, not CD  :)

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
(602) 432-8649
(602) 296-0411 fax
steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---------------------------------
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Kenzig http://Kenzig.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:31 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

Yeah,,, Winframe1.6 even.. heavens to mergatroid!  Have to admit I still have
all the CD's all the way back to Winview. Why I keep them I don't
know...nostalgia I guess...of course I just finally threw out my 5 1/4"360 k
and 1.2 meg floppies when I moved and some 720k 3 and 1/2 inch disks... (over
3000 of them!)  I used to run a phone bbs system and would back up my whopping
80 meg mfm hard drive which I also just threw out (in 1988 that was huge) from
my IBM PC XT to them. You needed a special Adaptec controller to run a drive
that large back then that cost like $400. (The drive itself cost like $1200.)
It took hundreds of floppies to back up that drive with dos backup. Yeah I got
to be state of the art when I got that baby up to dos 4.0! I ran a bbs system
called Telix.  I had 3 lines coming into my house and sold text advertising on
the site. I had hundreds of shareware files for download.  I would connect&nb
sp;to other systems and download every file they had then put th
 em up on
 my site and would buy all those shareware disks at computer shows and put them
up.  Shows how long I've been doing this and been in the business. Where is
gopher when you need it. : )
Jim