[THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

RDP uses a Citrix license??

Not that I have found...but man that would be weird.

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jay Moock
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 9:32 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

I may be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that with either MPS 3.0 or
MPS 4.0, RDP sessions also consume a Citrix license now.

If that is the case, then for your scenario you would need to silo your
servers.

Also keep in mind that you would not have true load balancing for your RDP
desktop sessions.  You would have to use DNS round-robbin or network load
balancing (if that even works with TS - I've never tried it so I can't say).

I'm sure there's other things you'd be sacrificing that others will point
out...

  _____