[THIN] Re: How much Memory in servers

  • From: "Henry Sieff" <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:11:52 -0500

Don't use /3gb.

Don't use PAE.

Rewrite the app to use a decent db server backend and offload the data
manipulation to it. Loading several gb's of data to memory on a citrix server
and manipulating it there is stupid, lazy, and probably will perform worse than
turning it into a client-server app.

(Have they even tried doing it the proper way?)

Sorry, but bad apps which hapless admins have to figure out how to run anger me
greatly.

Henry