[THIN] Re: How many users will go on my server

The citrix server test kit from http://www.citrix.com/cdn and the Terminal
server capacity tools at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/hotfixes/tscpt-o.
asp
Claudio Rodriquez wrote a little utility for a Pocket/Palm PC at
http://www.cewindows.net/applications/tssizer.htm

Here is an article for 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a2ae95da-be56-4495-
9fb5-e4b7170b33d9&DisplayLang=en

(will probably wrap, copy it all)
See the MS  FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/terminal/termin
al_faq.mspx

Article on Thinclient.net by Steve and Christa
http://www.thinclient.net/technology/Server_Sizing.htm

If it is HP servers and you are registered with Active answers HP has a tool
to size with their servers on a link on
http://activeanswers.compaq.com/ActiveAnswers/Render/1,1027,4825-6-100-225-1
,00.htm

Older white paper on sizing NT 4.0 and Compaq servers with some relevence
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/partners/microsoft/infolib/ecg0680698.pdf

Brian Madden had a paper too (and also writes about it in his book I
believe) at brianmadden.com And he wrote a performance tuning one to use
once your server is set up to increase amount of users at
http://www.rtosoft.com/pages/whitepaper_ts_fbm.asp

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net