From: Philip Walley [mailto:philip.walley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 12:45 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: How many users are you getting?

I have one client that currently has 4 Xpe boxes servicing approx. 100+
users per machine (not by my recommendation). As I explained to them, if one
of the servers goes down, the redistribution of the users over the remaining
3 servers potentially could cause a degradation in overall performance.=20

My question is what do you guys and gals who have 100+ users per server do
if one goes out? Do you maintain enough servers to handle the extra load in
emergency situations?=20

I usually recommend that clients keep the user load to 35-45 users per
server max. and purchase more hardware if more users are connecting.

=20
Philip Walley=20
Sr. Network Engineer=20
Consultrix Technologies=20